Friday, December 01, 2006

How Cool is That?

I was messin' around on Flickr and saw this new "addition" to their services.

So, needless to say, I clicked on it.

It does show the most popular cameras used on Flickr--by number of photos submitted. You can click on specific brand or camera. It will show you different types of pictures taken by that camera. Gives you an idea of whether the camera fits you or not. I found my model of camera and then did a search for polynesian and disney. I wanted to see pictures of my favorite resort at Disney World taken with my camera.

While you're browsing Flickr, you can see what type of camera took the picture. Look at the Additonal Information area. Not every picutre has camera information. Some images were scanned or sent in by a cell phone camera.

You can click on the link for the camera. It takes you to a page that shows the camera (and of course--a link to buy the camera through Yahoo!), some specs and pictures that have been taken by the camera.

Thought this might be helpful and fun. Especially when thinking about buying that new digital camera for Christmas.

But then, none of my pictures look as good as the ones highlighted on Flickr.

No comments: