Saturday, December 30, 2006

LibraryThing Rocks!

I have been using LibraryThing with my job and really liked the ease of use. We used it to display new books on our Library blog.

I have been wanting to create a catalog of all of my Disney, Star Wars and other favorite books for several months. I signed up for an account (which had to be the easiest registration ever) and started entering the ISBN's right away. Since a few of my books were only sold at Disney theme parks, they did not have an ISBN or other identifying mark (like a publication date). I was able to enter 60 titles last night and it took me about an hour. That was in between changing a diaper, eating supper and keeping the boys from getting toys everywhere.

I am still exploring the power of LibraryThing. I added a widget to the left hand column of this blog that will display random titles from the books that I have entered. I can tell it to only show books with certain tags (or keywords) or by specific authors.

I hope to start entering my Star Wars titles next.

No comments: