Thursday, November 08, 2007

I just finished Invasive Procedures by Orson Scott Card. I am a big OSC fan, but I didn't really enjoy his previous work, Empire, compared to his other titles. I am a huge fan of the Alvin Maker Series and the Ender/Bean works. So, I did approach this title with trepidation.

I liked this book and I do recommend it. OSC is pretty forward that this book is written with a screen writer (Aaron Johnston). It would make a great film. I liken the book to classic Michael Crichton--without the need of a Ph.D--and Lincoln Child. OSC writes a great page turner and adds science and medical information that makes sense to the layperson. There isn't much I can tell you that won't ruin some part of the book, though. It does deal with gene manipulation and a megalomaniac that runs as the book's protagonist. With some unexpected twists and fun to read action scenes., it will fill a weekend easily.

It is a great read.

No comments: