Friday, May 18, 2007

Halo 3 Multi-Player Beta

Whew...

We have been waiting a long time for this one.

We purchased a copy of Crackdown with the beta invite on it.

We were finally able to get online last night.

WOW!

It was so much fun. Played just like Halo 2 but much prettier. We got to see the bubble shield in action, although briefly.

Connery and I played five social games (no rankings, just rumble training) and I played three games by myself. The matchmaking was pretty smooth--it probably took about 2 minutes to set up each match. I did have to mute every player in my party. It seems like I was only playing against 14 year olds that wanted to curse and scream into the headset.

Of the three maps, we definitely liked Highground over the other two. Snowbound was alright--it was small enough for 4-6 players. Valhalla needed way more than 6 people on the map--it really reminded me of a much greener and 'lusher' version of Blood Gulch (Halo) and Coagulation (Halo 2). Those maps were wonderful when you had more than eight people in a group.

Once I get my stats displayed on Bungie, I will share them.